Monday, January 30, 2012

GODSPELL

Bucket List Inspirations

Raise your hand if you have a bucket list...you know, a bucket list!
A list of things you want to do before you die...etc...etc...

As I have noticed, many "bucket" items are never checked off simply due to lack of opportunity.  For example, wanting to meet Brad Pitt before you die means that the opportunity needs to present itself.  Many people will never get that opportunity and that particular item will remain forever "unchecked".

Due to this common problem, we need to grab these opportunities when they rear their heads.  We need to snatch them up and check them off!  It is for this reason that I stepped out in faith on Sunday night, January 29.   I arrived at an audition for a musical completely on a whim and unprepared.  

I sang a song that may not have been the best choice...
Danced a dance with a little bit of white-girl soul...
And interjected my own obnoxious improv additives into a cold read...
Final outcome...
I was cast for the part of one of the performers in the Broadway version of the muscial
GODSPELL!


http://www.broadway.com/shows/godspell/
— Stephen Schwartz's musical interpretation of the Gospel of St. Matthew returns to Broadway

I get to sing the popular song "Day By Day" and work with an amazing cast
(some are professionals in their field!)

I will keep you updated on my theatrical endeavors and look forward to seeing you at the performances at the end of March :)

So go on out there and check something off that list!!!



NOTE: I am not in the Broadway version of this show...our church is doing it :)


5 comments:

  1. I vote for the DC Talk version baby !!! Love you sis - so proud of you - can't wait to see the video...they will be taping? - they better !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, "See Chelsey kick butt in a musical" is on MY bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auds, your such an incredible friend to my sis - hoot and holler for me, will ya? =)

      Delete
  3. You guys are all awesome! Sis, I am sure Uncle Marty will take 600 pictures and 3 hours of video footage :) Audrey, glad I can help you check some things off your list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe 750 ;) i love you... so, i'm impatient over here in france and I want you to write more blog posts... just sayin' - love you day by day, your big sis

      Delete